Please refer to our Calendar for specific times and locations of the upcoming working bees.
To confirm your attendance, kindly get in touch with a member of Friends of Sturt Gorge through our contact page.
If you are unable to participate in the scheduled working bees, don’t worry! Informal working bees are often organized at other times. Please reach out to us for further information.
Are you interested in walking trails?
Trail Maintenance Working Bees typically take place on the fourth Monday of each month, as indicated in the calendar. For more details, please contact Bob Grant at 08 7329 8296 or email@example.com.
Here are some guidelines to follow during the working bees:
- Work in pairs or groups; avoid working alone.
- Remember to bring water and sun protection.
- Wear sturdy footwear.
- Carry a First Aid kit for the group.
- Exercise caution in steep areas.
- Refrain from working on cliff faces.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the park.
- Working bees are canceled on Total Fire Ban days.
- If you choose to work in the Park outside of a formal working bee, inform someone about your location.
IMPORTANT: If you need to leave early during a working bee, please notify the working bee coordinator. Otherwise, we might initiate a search party for you. During the working bee, we will have a scheduled break that all participants must attend, as members tend to spread out while working. We will experiment with using whistles as a means of communication.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to seeing you at the working bees!